Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Vicky Angel by Jacqueline Wilson


REVIEWED BY MELANIE RABINOWICZ


Jacqueline Wilson is the author of a children’s book Vicky Angel, illustrated by Nick Sharratt. After a tragic accident, things start to change between Jade and Vicky, two best friends who have known each other for their whole lives. Although they are best friends, they are two completely different people. Jade is a very sweet, organised and caring person, who never wants to hurt anyone but Vicky, on the other hand, is a very popular and self-absorbed person.
In this story the friendship and love between Jade and Vicky starts to become very complicated. Although at the end, the two friends make up after heaps of fighting and annoyance between each other, nobody knows how this complication was resolved as it is not clear in the book.
In this book there is more than one important message. One of the messages in this book are that you don’t always need your best friend with you all the time, although you feel like you do sometimes you can get through life by yourself and be independent. I think this book has taught me to be independent and don’t rely on anyone to help you get through life.
I think the title relates to the book a lot, when you see the title of the book you think its going to be a calm and sweet story because people think that angles live in heaven and are peaceful people. In the end it ended up being a depressing book.
I would rate this book eight out of ten. The reason I would give this rating to the book Vicky Angel, is because I enjoyed it very much and I thought it was really enjoyable, although it was very different to what I expected, I found that once I started to read this book I couldn’t put it down. I also liked this book because it has a start, middle and end and in the book when there was any problem they always had a resolution to the problem even if they didn’t tell you how it was resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment