Thursday, April 14, 2011

Now

The novel I read is “Now”. This book was written by Morris Gleitzman and the publisher was the Penguin Group, in 2010. The ISBN number is 978-0-07437-2. This book is about a young girl living in someone else’s shadow. I really enjoyed this book because it revolves around the Holocaust. I think this novel was aimed at school aged children to teach them about the Holocaust and I think the author succeeded to teach children about the Holocaust.


The plot is very easy to follow throughout the whole novel. The story starts up slow but gets much more exciting and intense as it gets closer towards the climax of the bush fire. This book is the third book out of three. The author has made this book so that the reader doesn’t have to read the series in any particular order.


The book is from the view of the main character “Zelda”. By writing the book from her perspective it really makes her seem real. She is very realistic because of her personality, as she makes mistakes, she cries, laughs, shows happiness and sadness. The relationship between Zelda and her grandfather “Felix” is very realistic because throughout the novel they always share their emotions and feelings.


I learned a lot from this novel about what people had to go through during the Holocaust and what they had to do to survive. I also learned that people still go through tragedies in modern day. I recommend this book to other people around my age because it is a nice read, good book and it teaches you about the Holocaust.

No comments:

Post a Comment